Our expert appraisal office, Sculpture & Collection, specializes in Western sculpture from the Middle Ages to our day.Our team includes two experts with complementary skills:
- Alexandre Lacroix, in charge of the 17th -20th centuries
- Elodie Jeannest de Gyvès, in charge of the Middle-Ages and Renaissance et Barocco periods
We have created a reactive network of consultants, art historians, university researchers, actors from the art market, bronze founders and conservators, allowing us to respond to the specificity of each work. Sculpture & Collection is intended for auctioneers, museums, private collectors, solicitors, as well as insurance companies.
Our specialists authenticate, estimate and promote the works that are entrusted to them. They carry out documentary research, operations of brokerage, purchasing or selling and offer logistic support (transport, restoration and presentation of the works). Thanks to all these services, Sculpture & Collection offers a complete accompaniment.
Our approach is based on a rigorous and effective method:
- Collegial work allowing for different perspectives on each object under study
- The recourse to a vast documentation thanks to our specialized library and a constantly growing digitized collection relying on the mastery of databases and the latest information tools.
- Systematic research on the provenance of the works following a unique protocol developed by our team
- Analysis and precise technical descriptions concerning edition-related issues (bronze casts, terracotta editions…)
- A specific attention given to the study and the description of the state of conservation of the object, in collaboration with conservators.
- The help of a network of consultants to confirm our conclusions